Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thoughts on My Sister's Keeper

Relationships. We all have varying degrees of relationships with the people around us. For some we can share the most intimate thoughts, while for some whom we only share the mundane day-to-day activities required to make life supposedly easier. What we fail to realize is that these relationships do not last long and once the bonds formed in these relationships are strained, it will take a huge turn of events in order to mend the bond.

My Sister's Keeper is a story about relationships. The complexity of the story does not only end with the Fitzgerald family, who are the main characters in the book. It also extended to Alex and Julia. Jodi Picoult was able to mesh an intricate web of relationships with the addition of emotional attachment. I have to admit I was distressed after reading the book. Never did I imagine a sudden plot twist as what I have read in the last few pages of  My Sister's Keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment